Captain William John Talbot JP DL (1859-1923), of Mount Talbot, was the last Lord-Lieutenant of County Roscommon (1917 until 1922) and the first man in Co Roscommon to own a motor car.
In the 1870s while still a minor, he owned over 3500 acres in county Roscommon and over 450 acres in county Galway.
Having left Mount Talbot to live in London, W.J. Talbot and his wife died in England in the early 1920s.
|Date of Birth||1859|
|Date of Death||1923|
|Associated Building (s)||Mount Talbot Church of Ireland|
|Mother (First Name/s and Maiden)||Gertrude Caroline Bayly of Ballyarthur, County Wicklow|
|Father (First Name/s and Surname)||JOHN TALBOT JP DL (1818-95), of Mount Talbot, High Sheriff of County Roscommon|
|Spouse (First Name/s and Maiden/Surname)||m. 1897, Julia Elizabeth Mary (dau. of Sir Capel Molyneux, of Castle Dillon, County Armagh).|