Sir Thomas St. Lawrence, K.P. (1803-1874 ) was the 3rd Earl of Howth (and the 29th Baron Howth). Born in Howth Co. Dublin, his parents were Countess Margaret & William St. Lawrence (1752-1822) 2nd Earl of Howth & 28th Baron Howth.
- The family's origins are thought to go back to Almeric Tristram, a liegeman of the Anglo-Irish knight John de Courcy, who conquered Howth in 1177.
- The St Lawrence family descended from Christopher St Lawrence who was elevated to the Peerage of Ireland as Baron Howth in about 1425.
- The third and fourth Barons both served as Lord Chancellor of Ireland.
- The Earl of Howth created in 1767 for Thomas St Lawrence (15th Baron Howth) who was elevated to Viscount St Lawrence at the same time (also in the Peerage of Ireland).
Lady Harriet Elizabeth Digby was his third wife.
He died in France.
Was he your ancestors' landlord?
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Lord Howth held property in
- Howth, Sutton, Kilbarrack, Clontarf, and Raheny Co. Dublin
|Date of Birth||16th Aug 1803|
|Date of Death||4th Feb 1874|
|Associated Building (s)||Killester Manor House|