JAMES W. LITTLE ESQ OF ACRES LODGE
Acres Lodge at Ballinameen (house and offices were valued at £3 16s) was registered in the name of a James W. Little in September 1839. That same month, James W. Little Esq. was elected to the Carrick-on-Shannon Board of Guardians representing the division of Gillstown with George D. Hanley Esq. Gillstown is situated just south of Clooncraff.
THE REV JAMES LITTLE, VICAR OF CLOONCRAFF
In 1824, the vicar of the parish of Clooncraff was the Rev. James Little [TA]. In 1858, in the townland of Corkeenagh (Clooncraff) James Little was renting Moss Hill House valued at £5 along with 65 acres.
JAMES W. LITTLE ESQ. (d.1829) OF DUBLIN
In 1817 James W. Little Esq. of 30 Molesworth Street advertised the house of Terlicken at Ballymahon Co Longford to let. He seems have been an agent / solicitor as there are other properties advertised in a similar fashion. By 1820 he was residing in Baggott St. In 1826 James W. Little Esq. of 33 Baggot Street, advertised Tirlickeen House to let again. The steward at Tirlickeen was named as Thomas Corcoran(e). James W. Little Esq. died at home, at 38 Baggot Street in 1829. He was precided by his wife, who died at Bride St in 1810. In 1858, Tirlickeen House owned by Edward S.R. Smith, seems to no longer be occupied [GV5Ba].
His son, James Wensley Little was a civil engineer. He died at Sandwich, Essex County, Canada West in 1861. His daughter, Kate Henrietta Little married Henry Morton Esq. MD of Forttown Co Wicklow in 1848. By 1861 she was a widow, residing at Anglesea Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin.
|Associated Building (s)||Acre Lodge Ballinameen|