Michael Grimes of Hermitage married Mary Conlon in Croghan on 2-Jan-1829 (no parents names recorded) witnessed by: John Healy & Malachy Conlon.
Grimes also appears on record as Greme, Grahim, Graham, Grehan.
Children of Michael Grimes & Mary Conlon:
- Francis Grimes 1821 [gp Brigid Owens m. Michael Conlon]
- Brigid Grimes 1833 [gp Charles Barry m. Jane Grimes] He also gp'd for
- John Grimes 1835 [gp Malachy Conlon & Jane Grimes]
- Anne Grimes 1838 [gp James Conlon & Brigid Shannon]
- Patrick Grimes 1842 [gp Patrick Healy & Brigid Healy]
Living nearby were:
Michael's siblings: Anne Grimes | Jane Grimes m. Charles Barry |
Mary's siblings: Malachy Conlon | Michael Conlon m. Brigid Owens | Patrick Conlon* | James Conlon m. Mary Shannon
*not Patrick Conlon of Meera m.1828 Mary Byrne/Beirn
A younger Michael Grimes (1824-1891) labourer of Hermitage married Mary ? (1826-1888)
His wife Mary, having suffered from asthma for 10 years, died at home age 62 in 1888. In 1891, Michael himself died of old age, age 67, with neighbour John McGann present at death.
|Date of Birth||1808 (circa)|
|Associated Building (s)||Hermitage CROGHAN|