The following information (both confirmed and unconfirmed) has been gathered for Patrick Donahoe. As yet, no documentation connects Patrick Donahoe who arrived in Woburn, Massachusetts prior to 1870, married Agnes Rafferty in 1876, and died in Stoneham, Massachusetts in 1914, to a county or townland in Ireland. Blessed to have Irish cousins who provide information, and we are working together to document the relationships.
- 1839 5 Mar Killenummery: Sligo / Leitrim; Diocese of Ardagh. Baptisms - _____ Donahoe & Cath(e) where the "e" is in superscript. [Unconfirmed possibility]
- 1840 Patrick Donahoe according to oral history & information from cousins in Ireland, Carricknagrip, Kilmactranny, County Sligo, Ireland.
- Death record reported by his wife states 1839 birth year, marriage record suggests 1841 or 42, censuses average to 1840.
- 1841 18 Sep Baptism Patritium McDona; Taunagh, Riverstown, Elphin, Sligo; parents Michaelis McDona & Wynefrida Flynn [Unconfirmed possibility]
- 1865 Possible passenger list entry for the Bosphorus in June 1865 bound for Boston.
- 1866 He arrives the US per the 1900 census; presumably Boston (unsourced)
- 1870 He first appears in the US census in Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts as from Ireland with foreign-born parents and that he was unable to read or write.
- 1874 Patrick was reported to have arrived in the US in 1874 on the 1910 census.
- 1876 Patrick marries Agnes Rafferty (Tracy); she and her daughter, Agnes Tracy, join his household. [Two other children from her 1st marriage passed prior to '76.]
- 1877 Twin sons were born: James & John.
- 1879 Son Patrick William was born.
- 1880 Census included Patrick, Agnes, (step) daughter, twin boys, & youngest son reporting foreign born parents
- 1900 Census enumerates the same household (with the exception of Agnes, the daughter) with an immigration date of 1866 for Patrick.
- 1910 Census recorded the same household as in 1900 with Patrick at 69 years and stated he immigrated in 1874 and was Naturalized.
- As yet, no confirmed Naturalization has yet been found
- One researcher has identified possible parents as Thomas (noted as Eldest) & Ann Donagher, both born 1800, as parents of Thomas (Elder) Donagher b. Kilmactranny 1825 & Patrick b. 1838 with no documentation.
Oral history and cousins in Ireland suggest the birthplace could also be Catronavally with possible parishes of Geevagh, Rivertown, or Killadoon.
Any suggestions/direction are graciously and humbly appreciated. Go raibh mile maith agat, D.
|Line 21 Patrick, 30, first appearance US||USA||VIEW SOURCE|
|1880 Ln 1-6 Pat 40 Agnes stpdaugh twins son||USA||VIEW SOURCE|
|1900 immigration 1866 not naturalized||USA||VIEW SOURCE|
|1910 ln 66 Immigration 1874 & naturalized||USA||VIEW SOURCE|
|Griffiths Kilmacallan, Behy, Sligo||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|1841 Baptism poss. 18 Sep 1841 Patritium McDona||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|5 3 1839 baptism Microfilm 04241/01p66||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|