Timothy Finn (b. 1868), son of Timothy Finn and Dorah Cullen (1843-1898), married a Mary Anne Duffy on 16 Nov 1902. The Timothy Finn (b. 1871), husband of Eliza(beth) Usher, was likely the son of Timothy Finn (1838-1877) and Eliza Moran. Also, Eliza Craig Usher died in 1914. The siblings of Sarah Finn listed here are correct. Thank you for this post/article!
Sarah Finn aka Sarah Lynott (1899-19?) was the grandmother of Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott. Having raised him as her own in Crumlin from the age of 4, he wrote the song "Sarah" (from the album Shades of a Blue Orphanage) for her.
In 1923, she married Frank Lynott (1897-1964) in St Nicholas of Myra on Francis Street and raised their family in the Liberties until 1934 (when they moved to 85 Leighlin Road, Crumlin). In 1947, when Sarah was 51, she had a 'late baby' – Peter Lynott. By that time, most of her children (including Philomena, age 17) had emigrated to Leeds, England.
Their youngest daughter Philomena Lynott (1930-2019) was the mother of Phil Lynott (pictured above).
In 1948, Philomena met Phil Lynott's father in Birmingham. Cecil Parris had emigrated from Georgetown, British Guiana in 1947 (He disembarked in England by accident, thinking he had arrived in New York). Philip Parris Lynott (1949-1986) was born in England and lived with his mother until the age of 4.
In 1953 Sarah (nee Finn) & Frank Lynott took Phil in and raised him while Philomena remained in England. Phil grew up in Crumlin with his uncle Peter (just two years older) as a brother.
Sarah Finn Lynott (1899) was the eldest daughter Elizabeth Usher (1872- ) & Timothy Finn Jr. (1868- ). Her father was a printer (stereotyper) and she grew up at a number of addresses in St Peters parish on Dublin's northside,
In 1901 she was living at Great Britain Street (now Parnell Street) age 2 (parish of St Marys)
In 1911 she was living at St Ignatius Road age 13 (parish of St Marys)
By 1923, she was residing at 9 Great Bride Street (parishes of St Peters & St Brides) when she married.
Sarah's father Timothy Finn Jr., (1868-) was the son of Dorah Cullen and Timothy Finn Sr (1822-1886). They married in Fairview Dublin in 1894 (by that time both of their fathers were deceased). Timothy Finn Sr was living at 18 Connor St and worked as a labourer.
|Date of Birth||1899|
|Associated Building (s)||St Nicholas of Myra FRANCIS ST, Phil Lynott Statue|
|Mother (First Name/s and Maiden)|
|Father (First Name/s and Surname)||Timothy Finn Printer - Sterotyper|
|Place & Date of Baptism|
|Names of Siblings||Mary Finn (b. 1904) | Elizabeth Finn (b. 1906) | Timothy Finn Jr (b. 1911)|
|Spouse (First Name/s and Maiden/Surname)||Frank Lynott (1897-1964)|
|Place & Date of Marriage||August 5th 1923 in the Church of St Nicholas of Myra on Francis Street, Dublin 8 [witnessed by Mary B. Finn and Walter Hanophy (Hannify)].|