This house was the home of William Watson and his wife Sarah (nee Morgan, daughter of the Rev. Moore Morgan of Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow). They married in her father's church and in this house raised a family of six children. The home was a warm and hospitable family home.
William Watson (1804-1883) was the chairman and managing director of the City of Dublin Steam Packet Co. With his telescope he was able to monitor the arrivals and departures of his ships.
The children of the house were:
Margaret Sarah Watson (1840-1892)
Sir William Watson (1843-1918): a deputy Lieutenant of the City of Dublin
Sir Charles Moore Watson (1844-1916): Colonel Charles Moore Watson
Edward Watson (1847-1937): a Dublin barrister
Agnes Anne Watson (1848-1938): wife of Prof. John Magee Finny
Lieutenant-Colonel Arthur John Watson (1853-1900)
The house has been lovingly restored/reburbished by its current owners, the Kelly family, who continue to respect the history of the house and to ensure that the house maintains its prestigious place in Dublin. They offer this house as a magnificent venue for corporate dining and private events, under the Glandore banner.