Radharc an Mhainistir aka Abbey View, Boyle is a Georgian country house erected by the 2nd Earl of Kingston c.1790. The King estate was one of the largest in Connacht.
In 1822, George G. Meares Esq. was residing there. [Dublin Evening Post - 21 February 1822 ]
In 1837, at the time of the first Ordnance Survey, Morgan Crofton, agent to Lord Lorton, was residing here.
In 1840 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was occupied by Captain Caleb Robertson and valued at £34. His family were still residing there in 1893, when H. Leslie, Abbey View Boyle advertised for a gardener and wife laundress stating they "must be Protestant".
By 1897, it was the home of Major James Fraser Murphy, D.L. and family (Church of Ireland). In the 1901 Census, the house is described as having 15 rooms occupied by the family.
In 1913, Abbey View House, the residence of Major James Fraser Murphy, D.L. O.B.E (1860-1924) was auctioned for sale. [Dublin Daily Express - 02 August 1913 ] However, it remained his home until his death in 1924.
In the 1930s, it was the home of Mr & Mrs. Joseph. R. Stewart.
The house is still extant and occupied.