The Tower was built in 1804.
It is the last surviving example of 3 such towers that were constructed in Bray.
These towers were built by British forces as a defensive measure against the possibility of a French invasion on Irish soil in the early 19th century.
The Bray Martello Tower has been repurposed as a residential property but externally maintains much of its original features.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|