In 1835, Brownhall was the seat of Revd. Edward Hamilton.
"In the parish of Drumhome and in the townland of Ballinagippen, there is a place Brownhall. It is the residence of Captain Hamilton.
There is a place called Peter’s Leap in Brownhall. It is called Peter’s Leap, because a man called Peter Carron leaped into a hole there and ever afterwards it held this name.
In the same place there is a cave called The Piper’s Cave. It is called The Piper’s Cave because at one time there was an old piper who went up to a wedding in the residence. When he was going home he lost his way. People say that when he was a week missing, he was heard under the ground playing his pipes. The Tune he played was “The Farther in the Deeper.”
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building