It's original function was as a shop, the remnants of which can still be seen in the name 'C. Cawley' carved in relief on the street facing wall.
The building was constructed some time before 1838.
It originally consisted of two single bay, two storey thatched houses which were joined together and re-roofed at a later date.
The building is now disused, but in the 1901 and 1911 census it is noted that it was occupied by a Mr Charles Cawley, Blacksmith.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|