Built around 1779 by Charles Ffrench, then mayor of Galway. In 1834 (Tithe Applotment Bookks) the Honorable G Ffrench owns the lands of Ballinlass, in the Parish of Killeroran. In 1851 following banking setbacks and the Famine, the estate was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court to James Thorngate. In 1855 (Griffith’s Valuation) James Thorngate is listed as owner of the townlands of Ballinlass and Cornanantamore, among others.
This is now a private property that cannot be visited.
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Landed Estates database||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building