TemplemoreCounty Mayo

Share This:

This chapel is located in the civil parish of Templemore in County Mayo, though it must be noted that some records refer to this parish as Strade. 

The chapel was already in situ by 1838, but the exact year of construction is unknown. 

It is affiliated with the Roman Catholic church. 

The chapel was closed in 1916 and adapted for alternative use in 1940. Furthermore, the interior was remodelled in the late 1990's. 

The associated cemetery contains the grave of Michael Davitt (1846-1905), founder of the Land League. 

Though the interior of the building has been greatly altered, the exterior of this chapel has maintained much of its original appearance. 


Inventory of Architectural Heritage Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Type of Building:


Communities Associated with this Building