The Clogher Poor Law Union was officially declared in 1841. The Workhouse was opened in 1844 at a cost of £5,785. It was built to house a maximum capacity of 500 inmates. The Clogher Workhouse was built to accomodate people from the areas of Aghintain, Augher, Aughnacloy, Ballagh, Ballygawley, Cecil, Clogher, Cole, Cullamore, Errigal, Favor Royal, Fivemiletown, Foremass, Killyfaddy, and Tullyvar in Co. Tyrone, and Brogan and Mullodan in Co. Monaghan.
The Clogher Workhouse was closed in 1916 The site was later repurposed as a care centre for the elderly. Parts of the building complex were also used for industry and by the county council.
|For more information see here||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Public Records of Northern Ireland||Northern Ireland. Great Britain.||VIEW SOURCE|