The Corofin Poor Law Union was officially declared in 1850. The Workhouse was opened in 1852 at a cost of £6,615. It was built to house a maximum capacity of 500 inmates. The Corofin Workhouse was built to accomodate people from the areas of Ballyreighter, Boston, Corofin, Glenroe, Killinaboy, Kiltoraght, Muckanagh, Rath, and Ruan.
The site of the Corofin Workhouse is now occupied by a housing estate with only one single-storey building surviving. This is being used as an outbuilding.
|For more information see here||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building
Some timeline events associated with this building