Croom Church of Ireland church was built in approximately 1780, having a three-bay nave, slightly recessed single-bay chancel dating to 1868, single-bay vestry to north-east and three-stage square-plan the west.
This church displays many details of artistic merit, including carved stone details such as the label mouldings, copings and limestone door surrounds. The main structure of the church is intact and firm evidence of all window and door types remain, which adds to the historic character of the site.
Samuel Johnson in 1837 wrote that 'the church stands on the western bank of the river Maigue, and is a small neat edifice, in the early English style of architecture, with a square tower: it appears to have been erected on the site of a larger building, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £151. 2. 1. For its repair'.
The Gothic Revival church architect James Edward Rogers added the chancel in 1868, while the stained glass windows dating to 1913-14 are attributed to the artist Ethel Rhind.
Historiesgrave.com have documented the surrounding graveyard. The oldest grave found was from 1740. The grave yard is still in use today.