Drinagh Old National School was built in the 1860s with 1864 as its opening date as captured by a stone on the building, which remains today on a wall outside the site. The building was demolished after it was replaced by a new school in the village in 1966. A tennis court was built in its place. The school is not present on the first 6" historical map of Drinagh ( from about 1840) but can be seen in the 20" historical map (from about 1895) close to the site of the old RC Church. There are a number of videos from the time of this school's closing including this one which shows the school building and the beginning of its deconstruction. Video and photo courtesy of Sean McCarthy - Drinagh People Facebook Group.
|Drinagh National School Website||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|