The Station wa constructed in 1885 and formed part of the narrow gauge Cavan and Leitrim railway.
The Drumshambo Railway Station opened on the 2nd of May 1888.
The railway line became obsolete with the development of the roads systems in rural Ireland. As a result the station closed on the 1st of April 1959 when the railway ceased operation.
The building is still standing today and it has been repurposed as a residential property.
The Drumshambo Railway Station is a good example of Victorian architecture.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|