Eden Park aka Eden was the seat of the Catholic O'Malley family who owned some 585 acres here in the townlands of Eden and Cuillatinny, just north-east of Knock.
In 1798, at the time of the Irish Rebellion, Edenpark was the home of United Irishman brothers Captain James O'Malley (aka Séamas Ban or fair-haired James who features in the sean-nós song an Caiptín Máilleach /Le Capitaine O'Malley) and Alexander O'Malley Jr. James was hanged and his brother pardoned. Allegedly, the local magistrate was their father, Alexander O'Malley.
On 25 June, 1825, an indenture of a mortgage was made on the lands of Eden (aka Edion and Cullateenney aka Killateenny) between Alexander O'Malley, Esq and Sir Samuel O'Malley. [Mayo Consitution]
In 1837, Lewis records Eden Park as "Aden, the seat of A. O'Malley, Esq." who died in 1841.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the property (#7 Eden) was valued at £3 and occupied by Joseph Brown (who was leasing from Francis O'Malley). There was also a cottage on the property.
In the 1860s and early 1870s Francis A. O'Malley resided here. He was a flour and bran merchant (dealer and grocer) in Knock.
In June 1867, the townlands of Eden and Culatunny were put up for sale at the petition of Anne O'Malley (spinster) the sister of Francis Alexander O'Malley (the owner). Mayo Consititution
Francis A. O'Malley of Eden, Knock, Ballyhaunis was declared bankrupt in April 1872.
Today nothing remains of the house.