Teach Inis Díomáin aka Ennistymon House was erected by Edward O'Brien in 1764 to replace old Ennistymon Castle. Throughout the 18th century, much of the area around Ennistymon (sometimes spelt Ennistimon) was heavily wooded.
The new structure, built in the Georgian-style of the period with large sash windows, fine paneling and rococo decoration inside, is still extant today. It forms the main entrance of the Falls Hotel.
|Ennistymon Castle and House and The Falls Hotel||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|History of the Falls Hotel||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|