Garbally College, or St. Joseph's College as it is also known has been providing education in Ballinasloe since 1892. Initially, the school was used as a facility for the education of young men for the priesthood in the Diocese. The name of the College was changed to 'Garbally' in 1923. Today the school's Board of Management consists of lay people and religious.
See also the listing for this same building as a Landed Estate Building