Caisleán an Ghleanna aka Glen Castle on the Ennis road leading into Ennistymon, was a 15th century "Peel Tower" (aka lesser castle) and an O'Connor stronghold. It was also know as Glenn Meic Concubair na Caille.
In 1580, Sir Daniel O’Brien was listed as the proprietor.
In 1606 Daniel O'Conor died at Glen Castle, near Ennistymon. He was found to hold "the cellar, chamber, middle room, and half the porter's lodging". During the reign of Elizabeth, it was not unusual for tower houses to have shared occupancy.
Broken by Cromwell, the castle has since stood in ruins.
|Color Photo of Glen Tower||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|