Glasnevin House and Demesne (now the Holy Faith convent), is situated on the medieval farm of Christ Church.
Here Sir John Roberson built the first Georgian building as a resort which he called "The Glen".
Glasnevin House was subsequently the residence of Henry Mitchell, and the Putland family. In the 19th century it was occupied by the Lindsay family the first if whom was Charles Dalrymple Lindsay (1760-1846) Bishop of Kildare who is buried in Christchurch Cathedral.
Since 1865 it has been used by the Holy Faith sisters as a convent school for girls in this district.
|Glasnevin House & Demesne||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|