The building was constructed in 1790 and consists of a 10 bay, six-storey warehouse.
It is located close to the Galway docks and would have been used to store grain from the ships.
The ground floor of the building has since been repurposed for retail units, and the five floors above that as apartments.
The Grainstore has been maintained to an excellent standard, and despite modernisations and renovations has maintained many of its original external features.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|