St JohnsCounty Kilkenny

Share This:
Greenvale Woollen Mills
Greenvale Woollen Mills

The Greenvale Woollen Mills are located in the civil parish of St John's, Co. Kilkenny. The mills were built around 1880.

The original use of the building complex was as a bleach mill, but it was repurposed for the milling of wool in 1905. Further renovations took place in the mid 1940's, mainly involving the roof. 

The main building in the complex still stands and although it fell into disuse many years ago, it remains a symbol of the patronage of the fourth Countess of Desart. 

References

Inventory of Architectural Heritage Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Type of Building:

Factory or Mill

Communities Associated with this Building