Holy Cross Catholic Church, Dundrum
For Catholics the town of Dundrum was originally part of the large county Dublin parish of Booterstown, sometimes referred to as “Booterstown, Blackrock and Dundrum”. The original Catholic Chapel at the town of Dundrum was dedicated in 1837. This small chapel was demolished and replaced with a larger building in 1879, the architect was G.C. Ashlin. Soon after this Booterstown parish was split, with Dundrum being the new parish church of a separate parish.
In the 20th century the parish of Dundrum was further split with the establishment of the adjacent Catholic parishes of Kilmacud, Mount Merrion and later Clonskeagh, the church was also extended in the 1950s.
The Church is located in Dundrum townland in Taney civil parish, on the main street of the town of Dundrum, County Dublin.