Holy Cross Church
A map of the Woodhouse estate from 1819 shows a church just south of where the present church now stands. In 1834 the Catholic church of the Holy Cross was built. At first it was a large, single-cell, barn-type structure, but it was enhanced by later additions, mainly funded by the local Barron family. Stained glass windows were added in 1868, a tower in 1870 and an apse in 1873.
|Description on Buildings of Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|