This Church of Ireland church was built in the mid-late 1820s. It is located on its own grounds, somewhat set back from the road. It is constructed from granite and limestone with wooden, panelled doors.
In 1837 Samuel Lewis in his Topographical Dictionary described the village and the church:
The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Leighlin; the rectory is in the patronage of the Crown, and the vicarage in that of the Bishop, but they are held by one incumbent; the tithes amount to £461. 10. 9 ¼. The church is modern and has an arched stone roof, like St. Keirn's chapel at Glendalough's and those of St. Cormac at Cashel and St. Doulough near Dublin: the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have lately granted £131 for its repair.
|Buildings of Ireland||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|