The Honorable Society of King's Inns (the institution which controls the entry of barristers-at-law into the justice system) one of Ireland's oldest professional and educational institutions.
- Founded in 154, the society was named in honour of King Henry VIII of England (and his newly established Kingdom of Ireland);
- The society first secured a lease of lands at Inns Quay on the north bank of the River Liffey, Dublin. This site was later acquired for the purposes of the Four Courts in 1790;
- James Gandon (1743–1823) was commissioned as architect of the new (present) building at the top of Henrietta Street.
- The foundation stone was laid on 1 August 1800 and was completed by his pupil Henry Aaron Baker.
|Kings Inns Official Website||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|