The Landlord's Garden was built in 1831 by Charles O'Connell the local landlord.
It had four gateways corresponding to the four cardinal points, a dug well and two outdoor chimneys.
Charles intended building a summer house nearby but when he married Kate O'Connell in 1832
they built a big house east of Cahersiveen.He still remained Landlord of Ballynabloun and surrounding townlands.
The walled garden was used for grazing from then on and has been in our family up to the present.
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building
Some timeline events associated with this building