The Library's Long Room was built between 1712 and 1732 and contains some of the oldest books in Ireland, including the world-famous Book of Kells. As its name suggests, the library is long, measuring over 60 metres. As time passed and the library began to house more and more books, the roof was raised to accommodate them and the shelving needed to support them. As well as books, the Library also holds several impressive marble busts, including that of Aristotle, Cicero, Wolfe Tone, Jonathan Swift, and others.
|History from Trinity College Library||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|