The Maid of Erin

ListowelCounty Kerry

Pat McAuliffe piece post restoration

Built around 1870, the Maid of Listowel is a two-bay, three-storey house  now in use as a pub, café, and grill. The facade of the building was renovated in 1912 in the Celtic Revival style with a timber pilaster pubfront by Pat McAuliffe being inserted into the building. The famed motif shows Erin, complete with harp, roundtower and wolfhound, is drawn together with the motto "Erin go Bragh"

References

Register of Architectural Heritage Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Communities Associated with this Building