The Mall in Castlebar, County Mayo, is a public park in the middle of the town.
It was originally used as a cricket pitch and belonged to the Lucan family.
It was given the name, The Mall, because of a double line of trees which connected it with the lawn of the Lucan family home.
In 1888 The Mall was donated to the people of Castlebar by the 4th Earl of Lucan.
The trees which now surround it were planted in 1870.
|Local History||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|