While more a monument than a building, this freestanding, medieval cross has great significance for the area. Many of the more modern buildings have been constructed around it, to facilitate its preservation. Today, it remains in the square though largely unnoticed by passers-by. Unlike the image above, the plinth is no longer used as a market stall. The stone with carved animals, and carved lantern cross is thought to date from c.1475.
|Monument Architecture||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
Some communities associated with this building