Archbishop Marsh's Library aka St. Patrick's Library is a perfectly preserved library of the late Renaissance and early Enlightenment in central Dublin. Its collections are of European and world significance. Opened in 1707, it has changed little in 300 years and is still welcoming visitors, tourists and scholars today. It is one of the very few 18th century buildings left in Dublin that is still being used for its original purpose.
Marsh’s Library was founded by Archbishop Narcissus Marsh (1638-1713) and designed by Sir William Robinson (d.1712) the Surveyor-General of Ireland. Many of the collections in the Library are still kept on the shelves allocated to them by Marsh and by Elias Bouhéreau, the first librarian when the Library was opened.
|Marsh's Library Official Website||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|