Maryfort House was the home to the O'Callaghan-Westropp family who were major landlords in the Tulla parish and environs. The house was built about 1710 and the Butler family resided there until the Westropp family came to Clare from Lincolnshire. They would later marry with the O'Callaghan family (a transplantedfamily from County Cork who came to Clare in the late 17th century). Robert Westropp was a Justice of the Peace who married Anna Smith. As they did not have any children, his estate went to Robert Westropp II who married Elizabeth Hickman.
A descendant of Robert II, Colonel John Callaghan married Mary Westropp of Attyflin, County Limerick on 24 March 1859. The family assumed the name O'Callaghan-Westropp in 1885 from the Royal License on the death of his aunt, Catherine, wife of Ralph Westropp.
The family and its descendants resided in the property until 1967, when Conor John O'Callaghan-Westropp demolished the house. The property was later sold and is now the headquarters for the Beckman-Coulter in Ireland, a health care diagnostic company.