In 1858, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, this farm and house was occupied by Patrick McElroy, a tenant of Lord Cremorne.
In 1803, a John & Anne McElroy of Clonnagore baptised their son John McElroy Jr. in the Church of Ireland, Clones.
On 21/5/1875 Peter McElroy (1829-1902) married Rose Anne Maguire in the Roman Catholic parish of Drummully-Currin.
By the time of the 1911 Census, Roseanne McElroy was widowed and living in Clonnagore with her adult children. Her son Patrick McElroy (born 1880) took over the farm.