Built by George Maunsell, fourth son of Richard Maunsell of Ballywilliam, in the late 18th century.
Occupied by the Reverend M. Widenham in the late 1770s, and 1786, by Lord Kiltarton [John Prendergast Smyth became Viscount Gort in 1816] in 1814, by T. Fitzgerald in 1837, by Captain Stackpool circa 1840 and by Henry Allen in the early 1850s, this house was situated on the Maunsell estate.
In 1850, the 5th Baron Massy bought Milford for his mother (the Dowager) from the Maunsells. At this time Milford House was valued at £28 (Griffith's Valuation).
In 1868 the "splendid residence" of the Dowager Lady Massy was advertised for sale.
Milford was later sold to the Russell family.
In 1923, with was purchased by the Little Company of Mary, a religious order.
Milford is now part of a nursing home for the terminally ill - Milford Care Centre.
|Milford today||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building
Some ancestors associated with this building