St MarysCounty Meath

Share This:
Millmount Martello Tower
Millmount Martello Tower

The first mention of the mount is in 1308 when it was to be used for a windmill but there is no record of one there. It is a central part of the history of the town and overlooks the town and the river Boyne to the entrance and also upriver to Mell. The complex was known as Richmond Barracks and was a  centre in earlier times and was damaged in the civil war. 

References

Inventory of Architectural Heritage Ireland VIEW SOURCE
Photos Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Type of Building:

Police or Military

Communities Associated with this Building