Mount Bruis House was built in the mid 18th century by Edmond Doherty Esq who resided here in the 1770s until his death in 1809.
In 1814, it was the residence of Edmund Scully (while the Mount Bruis Estate was in Chancery)
In 1837 Edmond's widow Mrs Catherine Doherty lived here.
In 1840 it was described it as "a very old building and in middling repair" in Ordnance Survey Name Books.
In the early 1850s, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Dwyer leased the property from Irwing Bagnell and the buildings were valued at £25.
Mount Bruis is still extant today.