This engine house is part of the Berehaven Copper Mine complex in Co. Cork and is now part of the Allihies Copper Mine Museum.
The site is located in the civil parish of Kilnamanagh.
The engine house was built in 1862 and consists of a circular tower, a boiler house, and a drum. The building is constructed of limestown and red brick and it was commisioned by a man named Henry Puxley.
The mine was abandoned in 1878.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
|Allihies Copper Mine Museum||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|