The castle was built c.1450. It remains, now in ruins in the townland of Muckinish West. This view of the castle shows one that seems intact, though today only one side remains as all the north wall has fallen. It is obvious from a look at the remaining wall that the windows were added at different times. Notice the difference in shape between the long, narrow slits and the later 17th Century large window at the top of the surviving wall.
The area is known locally as “Forde’s Corner”.