St MarysCounty Dublin

Share This:
O'Connell Bridge in 1905
O'Connell Bridge in 1905

Between 1877 and 1880 Carlisle bridge was reconstructed and widened (to span 45 m of the River Liffey at what was then Sackville St.)

It was then renamed after Daniel O'Connell, the Liberator when his statue was unveiled in 1882.

Type of Building:


Communities Associated with this Building