The Old Rectory adjoins Myrtle Grove. In 1812 the Church of Ireland Vicar, John Devereux, lived in Myrtle Grove, and his curate John Foley lived next door. The building was extended over time, and became home to Richard Brent Neville, who served as the Church of Ireland Vicar from 1859 to 1883. From Neville onwards, this building continued in use as a rectory until 1939, when Canon Francis Hassard Burkitt (whose entry can be viewed in the ancestor section) died. After 1939, Stradbally was amalgamated with Kilmacthomas and Comeragh and the clergymen lived in the Comeragh Rectory instead. Canon Burkitt's wife continued to live in the Old Rectory until she sold it to the Sisters of Mercy in 1943. The nuns remained in possession of it until 1989.
|Description on Buildings of Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|