Portmahon House RIALTO

St Jude'sCounty Dublin

Share This:
Portmahon House circa 1922-32 © Mark Humphrys

On 4 Apr 1867, Portmahon House was purchased by Michael Flanagan "The Alderman"  of Greenhills Tallaght. Flanagan was a successful market gardener and owner of a 500-acre farming estate of in Dublin south-west. He was also a prominent member of the Irish Parliamentary Party under  Parnell).

His son, Willie Flanagan, was the notorious Dublin practical joker known as "The Bird Flanagan" (for which the nearby pub was named). 

References

History of the occupants of Portmahon House Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Type of Building:

House

Communities Associated with this Building

Timeline Events Associated with this Building