Portumna Courthouse

PortumnaCounty Galway

Share This:
Portumna Courthouse

Detached four-bay two-storey neo-Classical court house, dated 1847.

The blank areas of walling, large stone doorcases reflect its judicial function. Its scale and robust architectural expression make it one of the most significant public buildings in Portumna. It occupies a dominant position in the streetscape and forms part of a group with the adjoining bridewell.

 

Type of buiding:

Courthouse

Communities Associated with this Building