Construction of the cathedral began in 1831 and continued until 1842.
Spires and a porch were added in 1871.
The cathedral is affiliated with the Roman Catholic faith.
It was designed by Dominic Madden.
The cathedral was initially built as a church and was not designated as a cathedral until 1890.
The Pro-cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul has been maintained to an excellent standard and is still in regular usage for religious worship today.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|