The Rialto Cinema DOLPHINS BARN

St JamesCounty Dublin

Share This:
© archiseek.com

Rialto Cinema was a large auditorium designed to seat 1600. When it opened in 1936, it was described as “one of the most original and attractive schemes, combining outline, character, comfort and beauty with the dignity and strength of modern architecture.”

After it closed in 1970, the cinema became a car showroom and repair centre which thrived up until the financial crash of 2008.

Since 2011, this landmark building has been boarded up. A fire in early 2015 gutted the interior.

Communities Associated with this Building

Timeline Events Associated with this Building