The Roman Catholic chapel at Ryefield has been in ruins since the late 19th century. It can be found just north of Elphin (within a mile and a half of the town) by the main entrance (west gate) to what was once Lisadorn House & Demesne (the seat of Lord Crofton). Ryefield House & Demesne was owned by the Cummins (then Comyn) a Catholic family of the landed gentry.
In 1837, Ryefield was one of two RC chapels in the parish of Creeve, according to Lewis. Since 1808, its landlord Nicholas Cummins was living on his wife's estate in Ballinderry Co Galway and letting the house and farm at Ryefield.
In 1857, Ryefield was recorded as a valuable 178-acre townland that had its own RC chapel and priest’s house “Ryefield Hut” where the Rev. Thos Walker C.C. had been residing since at least 1845.
In 1894, Ryefield chapel was used as a meeting venue for the Creeve branch of the Land League. (Flag of Ireland May 1894)
By the time of the OS 25" maps (c. 1910) the chapel is marked "in ruins".