Clontuskert (Galway)

Share This:
Depiction of the Battle of Aughrim (1691) by John Mulvany.
Depiction of the Battle of Aughrim (1691) by John Mulvany.

Battle of Aughrim Location

Urraghry Hill . Ginkel Commanded From Here.

Ireland

Battle of Aughrim
A very considerable portion of the Battlefield of Aughrim lies east of the Melehan river and within the parish of Clontuskert.The Williamite troops were situated on that side of the river until the late afternoon of the day of battle, at which time they launched a major offensive along a wide front stretching from Attibrassil Bridge to the village of Aughrim. Ginkel, the Williamite general, commanded a panoramic view of the battlefield from the heights of Urraghry hill across the lower ground toward the slopes of Aughrim.

Some communities associated with this building

Some ancestors associated with this building

Some timeline events associated with this building

Close this